Getting ready for baby

January 15, 2012

It's been a while since I've paid some attention to my blog...Christmas, holidays, baby bump growing and a sewing lull (burnt out after too many Christmas gifts?).  I thought I would post about some baby preparations.  I feel I need to put some of my creativity now into preparing for baby, with only seven-eight weeks to go!  Here is where baby will sleep.  I painted up some letters and little elephants - both from bunnings, to dress up the wall.  Spot the cute new bird hanging from the ceiling.  
The little bird is yet another Hop Skip Jump pattern (gee I am getting some mileage out of that book!).  It was super easy and fun to make.  I made mine from cream linen, cotton scraps for the tail feathers and a teeny bit of orange wool felt for the beak.  He is hung with thin fishing wire - which was thin enough to be sewn onto the back of the bird then suspended from the ceiling.
Here is the first garment I have made for baby - a soft grey marle cotton bonnet.  Since we don't know the sex, soft grey is calling as the colour of the moment - think I will knit a little cardi from the same cotton.  As we will be having an (early) March baby, the weather may not call for bonnets and cardis but baby's do tend to be colder than us big people, don't they?  The pattern is from Vintage knits for modern babies by Hadley Fierlinger.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. ooooh! so exciting, i always loved feathering the nest ready for a new baby. all the best to you and yours. love the bonnet and the little bird - gorgeous!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one lucky bub. The nursery look beautiful. You must be enjoying this cooler than normal weather. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery is so sweet! Love the wee bonnet and little bird.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼