One more gift ticked off the 'to make' list

December 20, 2011

Kangaroo and baby Joey are the most recent gifts completed from my 'to make' Christmas list.  The awesome pattern is by Hop Skip Jump (from the new book by the same name). 
Isabella chose Kangaroo and Joey a few weeks ago when I asked her which lovely friend she would like me to make her for Christmas.  I think she has forgotten all about it now, so she should get a nice surprise on Christmas morning.  I have been loving Fiona Dalton's new book and this is now the fourth toy I have made.  Kangaroo has movable arms and legs and her big tail allows her to sit up all on her own!
I made my set from a grey wool I bought from Rathdowne Remnants.  The pouch is made from 100% wool felt and sewn in place with a blanket stitch.  The floral print is from my stash - I've forgotten what it's called.  The buttons are vintage - I was excited to find four of a kind from my button box!
I have a few more things to complete by Christmas eve - but most will have to wait to be revealed after Christmas so that they are a surprise (mostly for the Mums of the recipients as I don't think 3-7 year olds are very good at navigating blogs!)

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Absolutely divine. So perfectly made. What little girl wouldn't love that mother and baby soft toy set. Isabella is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Suz, You do such a beautiful job with your softies....I might have to put in a baby order. Glad you're enjoying the book! xo Jules

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼